Prospective CML Executive Board candidates are encouraged to apply early
In This Section
May 22, 2020
By Kevin Bommer
While applications for members interested in the CML Executive Board will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 10, members planning to seek a position on the Board are encouraged to submit their application and endorsement as soon
Due to the cancelation of the CML Annual Conference, the Annual Business Meeting will take place virtually at 10 a.m. on June 25. Having candidate information early will help staff with logistical preparation.
The seats up for election in each population category are:
• one position from municipalities with a population of 250,000 or more for a two-year term;
• four positions from municipalities with a population of at least 60,000 but less than 250,000 for three two-year terms and one one-year term;
• three positions from municipalities with a population of at least 8,000 but less than 60,000 for two-year terms; and
• three positions from municipalities with a population of less than 8,000 for two-year terms.
CML Executive Board members must be elected or appointed officials of member cities and towns. Any official who desires to be nominated for a position on the CML Executive Board must:
• file an application for nomination, in letter or other written form, with the CML Nominating Committee by 5 p.m., Wednesday, June 10; and
• include an endorsement in writing from the applicant's city council or board of trustees by 5 p.m., Wednesday, June 10.
Please note that a city council or board of trustees may endorse the nomination of only one official from the city or town. Municipal officials who meet the above qualifications will be placed on the ballot after affirmation by a nominating committee (to be appointed by CML President Liz Hensley).
New for 2020
Individuals submitting applications for nomination are also encouraged to submit a headshot and candidate statement (100 words or less), which will be included on the CML website. Additionally, candidates may choose to submit a short video (two minutes or less) explaining why they are running for the executive board and why members should vote for them. If you choose to submit a video, that video will also be posted on the CML website.
Written applications and endorsements must be received by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 10 and can be mailed to the CML office at 1144 Sherman St., Denver, CO 80203, or faxed to 303-860-8175. Materials sent by regular mail should be sent a week early, due to delays in mail delivery. Applicants are strongly encouraged to email materials to email@example.com.
Questions about the CML Executive Board or the election process may be directed to
Kevin Bommer, executive director, at 303-831-6411, or 866-578-0936, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.