Equity and Diversity
In This Section
CML Statement on Equity and Diversity
The Colorado Municipal League is committed to supporting our members' efforts to embrace and increase equity and diversity in their communities. We provide training, resources and tools that facilitate sharing and enhance learning to help local elected leaders build inclusive communities where people from all backgrounds and orientations thrive socially, economically, academically and physically.
The League also values diversity within its membership, elected leadership, and staff. We strive to support a CML Board and committees that reflect the communities we serve. Diversity of opinions, ideas, and solutions ensure that we are considering the needs of our members and Colorado residents in all our decisions.
In September 2020, CML surveyed its membership on equity and diversity efforts in their community. Results and additional documentation are below.
- Racial Equity Survey Results
- City of Aurora Equity Initiatives
- City of Boulder Summary of Racial Equity Efforts
- City of Fort Collins Equity Survey Responses
- City of Wheat Ridge Equity Response by Department
The resources below were shared by CML members. Click on a category to see documents.
Resources from other states
- Minneapolis, MN Division of Race and Equity
- Austin, TX Equity Office
- Seattle, WA Race and Social Justice Initiative
- Oakland, CA Department of Race & Equity
- Madison, WI Racial Equity and Social Justice Initiative
- Portland, OR Office of Equity and Human Rights
- New Orleans, LA Office of Human Rights and Equity