Sam Mamet Good Governance Award
In This Section
The Sam Mamet Good Governance Award, established in 2019 in honor of retired CML Executive Director Sam Mamet, honors an individual who exemplifies and seeks to expand the application of principles of good governance.
2022 winners: La Jara Town Manager Larry Zaragoza and Silver Cliff Mayor Harry Wenzel
Find out more about the winners in the videos below.
CML received 18 outstanding nominations for the 2021 Sam Mamet Good Governance Award.
Other nominees were:
- Manitou Springs Deputy City Administrator Roy Chaney
- Montezuma Mayor Lesley Davis
- Mountain Village Director of Operations and Development Zoe Dohnal
- Northglenn Councilmember Joyce Downing
- Boulder Director of Housing and Human Services Kurt Firnhaber
- Denver Management Analyst Aaron Hurlburt
- Denver Auditor Timothy O'Brien
- Castle Pines City Manager Michael Penny
- Pagosa Springs Town Manager Andrea Phillips
- Denver Campaign Finance Administrator Andy Szekeres
- Dacono Clerk Valerie Taylor
- Brighton Councilmember Tim Watts
- Gunnison Finance Director Benjamin Cowan
- Glenwood Springs Finance Director Yvette Gustad
- Thornton Recreation Superintendent Chris Steinke
- Denver Elects Division Steven Sharp