In This Section
Best Practices/Sample Documents
Click on a category below to see matching documents
5-Star Variance information
Local Liquor/Dining License Modifications
- Boulder - Temporary Outdoor Expansion Seating Areas for Restaurants FAQ
- Crested Butte
- Telluride partial suspension of open container law
- Westminster Emergency Response Directive for Restaurants and Liquor
- Westminster Resolution Confirming the City Manager's May 27, 2020 Emergency Response Directive Approving a Temporary Expanded Area Food and Beverages Service Program
- Wheat Ridge City Manager Order
- Wheat Ridge Outdoor Business Modifications
- Sample control plan from Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division
Business Relief Programs
- Colorado Municipal Business Relief Program List
- Breckenridge proposed small business rent program
- Castle Rock
- Colorado Springs
- Estes Park (for non-profits)
- Fort Morgan
- Frisco (rental assistance)
- NoCo Recovers
- Pagosa Springs (in partnership with First Southwest Community Fund)
- Downtown Colorado, Inc. Tracking Sheet
- Federal Legislative Update: Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Grand Junction Emergency Pandemic Leave Policy
- Grand Junction Supervisor's Guide to COVID-19
- Grand Junction Pandemic Leave Decision Tree
- Gunnison Employee Q&A
- Lochbuie Contagious Disease Policy
- Information and sample documents from Employers Council
Open Meetings/Electronic Participation
- Tips for enhancing professionalism during virtual meetings of local government
- CML Guidance on Conducting Open Meetings Electronically
- CMCA Remote Meeting Webinar
- Boulder Electronic Meetings Ordinance
- Boulder Emergency Order Closing Council Meetings
- Castle Rock Virtual Meetings Resolution
- Castle Rock Virtual Meeting Procedures
- Commerce City Electronic Meetings Emergency Ordinance
- Eagle Remote Participation Policy
- Glenwood Springs Electronic Participation Policy
- Glenwood Springs Electronic Participation Resolution
- Gunnison Remote Participation During Council Meetings
- Hotchkiss Virtual Meeting Resolution
- Johnstown Remote Meetings Ordinance
- Lake City Virtual Meeting Ordinance
- Longmont special provisions for city council meetings during a declared state of emergency
- Loveland Draft Remote Participation Policy
- City of Northglenn Electronic Participation Policy
- Pagosa Springs Remote Participation Policy
- Silverthorne Electronic Participation During Council Meetings
- Silverthorne Electronic Participation During Planning Commission Meetings
- Wheat Ridge instructions on participating in electronic meetings
- Vaccine information
- November 2020 messaging toolkit (ZIP file)
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Website
- State Emergency Operations Center Declaration Fact Sheet
- Notice of Public Health Order Closing Bars, Restaurants, Theaters, Gymnasiums and Casinos
- State of Colorado Executive Order
- DHSEM Letter regarding FEMA Disaster Declaration
- Sample Incident Cost Data Tracking Sheet
- Documentation Required by Expense Type
- Public Assistance Cost Evaluation Job Aid
- Disaster expense tracking training
- FEMA Fact Sheet: Procurement Under Grants Conducted Under Exigent or Emergency Circumstances
- DOLA Division of Local Government COVID-19 page
- DOLA Division of Housing COVID-19 Page
- State Emergency Operations Plan
- Colorado Broadband Office Resource Page
- Water/Wastewater resource page
Governor's Executive Orders/CPDHE Public Health Orders
- Governor and local government association letter to congressional delegation requesting CARES Act extension
- CML Email: Understanding the CARES Act's Coronavirus Relief Fund (3/30/20)
- Letter from NLC to Treasury Sec. Mnuchin – Guidance & clarity on small community funding (3/30/20)
- Bennet Fact Sheet on selected CARES Act priorities (4/1/20)
- CML Email: More Information Emerging on Coronavirus Relief Fund in CARES Act (4/2/20)
- Letter from NLC to Congressional Leadership – 4th aid bill priorities (4/2/20)
- Letter from Rep. Neguse et al to Speaker Pelosi – Support for small communities (4/2/20)
- Letter from Sens. Bennet & Gardner to Treasury Sec. Mnuchin – CARES Act flexibility (4/3/20)
- Letter to Colorado delegation from Gov. Polis, CML, CCI, SDA, and CCAT (4/4/20)
- CML Email: CARES Act Provides Additional Housing Funding to Respond to COVID-19 (4/6/20)
- Congressman Joe Neguse Introduces Legislation to Provide $250 Billion to Local Communities in Coronavirus Stabilization Funds (4/7/20)
- Letter from Sens. Bennet and Gardner to senate leadership regarding CARES Act modifications (4/16/20)
- Assistance Package for Local Governments (4/17/20)
- State and local associations urge ‘robust, flexible’ federal relief (4/21/20)
- The Heroes Act - State and Local Coronavirus Relief Funds (5/12/20)
- Heroes Act Phase IV Summary Appropriations (5/12/20)
- Sweeping House legislation introduced with local, state stabilization assistance (5/12/20)
- NLC letter to Senate leadership explaining the need for local government assistance (5/19/20)
- Coronavirus 2019 Resources & Guidance – Sen. Bennet
Links with dates are recordings of the webinar. Supplemental documents are under each link with a date.
- Navigating the process for FEMA reimbursement (4/28/20)
- Navigating the process for FEMA reimbursement presentation
- 4/28 webinar emergency medical care supplemental link
- 4/28 webinar eligible emergency protective measures supplemental link
- 4/28 webinar applicant briefing supplemental link
- Resources for rural communities impacted by COVID-19 (4/29/20)
- Resources for rural communities impacted by COVID-19 presentation
- Local Government Economic Impacts and Response to COVID-19 Pandemic (5/5/20)
- Local Government Economic Impacts and Response to COVID-19 Pandemic supplemental documents
- Planning for Re-opening On The Municipal Level (5/6/20)
- JeffCo Public Health mental health page
- Colorado Counties, Inc. map indicating public health orders
- Boulder restroom sanitation protocol
- Let's Talk COVID partner packet
- COVID-19 Economic Impact Discussion (5/12/20)
- COVID-19 Economic Impact presentation
- Making Smart City Simple…Resiliency for the “New Normal” World (6/11/20)
Elected Officials Digest
- April 21, 2020
- April 28, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- May 19, 2020
- May 26, 2020
- June 2, 2020
- June 16, 2020
- June 23, 2020
- June 30, 2020
- July 7, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- July 21, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- Aug. 4, 2020
- Aug. 11, 2020
- Aug. 18, 2020
- Sept. 1, 2020
- Sept. 8, 2020
- Sept. 15, 2020
- Sept. 22, 2020
- Sept. 29, 2020
- Oct. 6, 2020
- Oct. 13, 2020
- Oct. 27, 2020
- Nov. 10, 2020
- Nov. 24, 2020
- Dec. 8, 2020
- Dec. 15, 2020
- Dec. 22, 2020
- Jan. 5, 2021
- Jan. 19, 2021
- Feb. 2, 2021
- Feb. 16, 2021
- March 2, 2021
- March 16, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- April 13, 2021
Don't see what you're looking for?
Additional resources and sample documents are available here.
Municipal COVID-19 Webpages
A list of municipal closures is located here. Please note that this list may not be comprehensive and it is recommended that you check directly with your municipality before visiting municipal offices.
Below is a list of information sources providing accurate, updated information on Coronavirus (COVID-19). This page will be updated regularly as additional information becomes available.
- CDPHE: Provides regularly updated information on COVID-19 in Colorado.
- Local public health agencies: Find the local public health agency that covers your municipality for region-specific information.
- Department of Public Safety Regional Field Managers: Points of contact for local disaster declarations.
- National League of Cities: Information on responding to COVID-19 specific to local governments.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Comprehensive information on COVID-19, including prevention, symptoms, and information for various groups.
- ICMA: Resources for city/town managers.
- Help Colorado Now: Register to volunteer or ask for help
- CDC Interim Guidance for Homeless Shelters
- Economic Development Council of Colorado.
- World Health Organization: Global information and guidance around COVID-19.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): Pandemic preparedness in the workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- SBA Disaster Loan Information
- U.S. Department of Education: Information and resources for schools and school personnel.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Information on food safety, access to food, pet safety and trade and agricultural foreign affairs.
- USDA Rural Development
- USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Labor: Information for workers and employers.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security: COVID-19 arrival restrictions.
- U.S. Department of State: Travel recommendations and restrictions.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Information for veterans.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Disinfectant recommendations.
- U.S. Department of the Interior: Basic COVID-19 information.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid: Updates for state surveyors and accrediting organizations.