HB 18-1022, which passed unanimously out of the House Business Affairs and Labor Committee on January 18, directs the Department of Revenue to issue a request for information (RFI) to
- an accurate address locator
- a single application and point for
state & local sales tax licenses;
- a single point of state and local
sales tax remittance;
- an accurate taxability matrix;
- a solution that integrates with
existing systems; and
- costing options.
must respond with the understanding that there
- will not be changes to the tax
base (and rate);
- may not be uniform
- will not be a unified audit
authority or process.
representatives on the task force worked with legislators to include strong
recognition of home rule authority in the RFI process. Responses to the RFIs could provide useful
information about cost and feasibility of vendor solutions.